Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cricut in my classroom

It's been a busy start of the school year! I just now got around to updating my blog. I wanted to share a couple of things I made with my Expression for my classroom.

First I made some accomplishment charts for my students. As students learn their phone number, address, birthday and how to tie their shoes, they get to write their name on the chart.

I put them on two of my closet doors in my classroom

Cartridges used: Home Decor for the cupcake; Locker Talk for the shoe, My Community for the house, and Wild Card for the phone (the phone is attached to a card; I used Design Studio to enlarge it and cut the card off).

I also made reading calendars for each of my students (got the idea from a teacher on 2Peas). It was a lot of work to get them all done! They are to keep track of the minutes they spend each day reading at home. The goal for my first graders is 250 minutes a month! I made a bulletin board in my classroom to keep track.

Here's an overall picture:

Here is a closeup of the owl and title

Close up of the calendar (mine is missing a tag I put on each of them encouraging them to read for 250 minutes). The calendar pages are perforated so they can just rip them off and turn them in.

Cartridges used: Happily Ever After for the owls; Alphalicious for the titles

Yesterday, their first calendar was due. Most of the students that turned them in read over the 250 minutes-- which is great considering I didn't give them the calendars until after Labor Day!

No comments: