Saturday, August 18, 2012

Grad Mini Accordion Album

It's been over 2 years since I last posted! My life has been crazy, even though I am still teaching, my district decided to start a Spanish Dual Immersion program. I have been VERY busy teaching, creating, and helping in the planning of this program. I taught kinder the first year and looped with my students to first grade last year. I do have to say that my class was awesome!! If it weren't so hard to learn and create a new curriculum I would have looped again... but for my sanity and health I get to stay in first grade next year!

So on to the intent of my post. My friend graduated with her Master's LAST summer. I made her this album. I only gave her the album without any embellishments. I asked her to give it back to me with pictures and I would finish it. She did give it back less than a month later. So this past week I FINALLY finished it! I was able to scrap today for the first time in a VERY long time.

I saw this book in the gallery at Two Peas in a Bucket. They credited the lady behind this idea and the search was on. Since I did this last year, I cannot remember who created it, but I remember watching a video on youtube on how to make it. I did do some tweaking to it though. The video I saw was for a 4x4. I thought that was too small and made it 6x6. It is meant to look like a graduation cap.
 a couple more views
From the side
This is the front of the book when it is opened
And the back
Finally here are a couple of the inserts. They are very flat so they can slide in smoothly into the pockets. Every page has a pocket behind it.


No comments: