Sunday, August 19, 2012

Scraproom workstation

Since I hadn't scrapbooked in a couple of years, my room became kind of a "catch-all" room. Since the room was always a big mess, it made it even harder for me to get in there. A couple of years ago we replaced the floors and most of the stuff that I boxed up to move out of there is still in boxes.

This summer I spent many hours looking at scraprooms and desks. After seeing MANY wonderful rooms, I finally decided what I wanted for my table. I had been using a 6ft folding table for the past 8 years. This summer I bought several of the jetmax cubes at Michael's when they were on sale for 50% off. After assemblying many cubes, buying 2 white MDF boards and 4 couch legs I have the table of my dreams!
     This is my table/workstation! I have not finished filling the cubes yet, but so far I love it!
I cannot remember where I saw the idea of having two table tops (I went back to try to find it to show hubby and I couldn't find it). In the middle layer I keep the tools I use the most. I keep my trimmers, ATG gun, scoring board and cuttting mats there. Although I use them all the time, I do not want them on my work space.
This is the back of the table, I used 8 cubes.
This is the side that you can see. There are 4 cubes here, 2 face the front.
This is the front. I need to find a stool since it is too high for my chair. For now I have to stand to use it.
There are two cubes that can only be accessed under the table. For now I am keeping supplies that I will not use often. I stored my cases with all my foam stamps.
On one of my visits I saw a table that they use at Michael's to place flyers or product/samples from some of their classes. I asked if they carried the table and they did! It was 50% off plus my teacher discount so I paid under $100 for what is now my cutting station.
My cricut now has a permanent home! It will no longer take up valuable work space on my table. I also liked the shelf above the drawers, I can store my longer paper there. Underneath I stored loose cardstock and patterned paper vertically. Also found a place for my bind-it-all and gypsy case (a filing drawer is supposed to go there but I did not like it, so I kept it open instead). I use the pullout tray to take off letters or images I cut with the cricut. The eaves on either side stay up with the doors. The left side also has one but does not fit in the space I have unless I open the closet door.
I store the cricut cartridges in the bag behind the right door. I have way too many to keep in their original boxes.
The drawers have small compartments. This is one of them. The other one is completely empty...for now.

This is all I have done for now. I still have LOTS of stuff to put away (they are on the other side of the room as well as the spare room). I will just have to slowly start organizing things into the cubbies as I have free time from school.

No comments: